10 Things you need to know about mold
One of the biggest concerns for local residents is mold. Do I have mold? Is it bad? Are my kids safe?
Here are 10 basic things you need to know about mold:
- Mold can cause health effects.
- There is no practical way to eliminate ALL mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
- If mold is a problem in your home or school, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth.
- Reduce indoor humidity (to 30-60%) to decrease mold growth by:
- Venting bathrooms, dryers and other moisture-generating sources to the outside
- Using air conditioners and de-humidifiers
- Increasing ventilation
- Using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing and cleaning
Knowing the facts is the best way to prevent a potential mold problem. The BEST step is hiring a licensed professional to test and then have SERVPRO of Eatontown/Long Branch do the remediation. Our 50 years of experience counts when it comes to removing mold from your home. Call us today.