Deep Freeze of 2018
The Jersey Shore, along with the entire Northeast, suffered a deep freeze of below freezing temperatures for nearly two weeks, coupled with Winter Storm Grayson. This resulted in frozen and bursting water pipes in many homes, offices and schools throughout the region. Monmouth County was hit particularly hard as well from coastal flooding.
SERVPRO of Eatontown/Long Branch was on the scene, helping many homeowners and businesses by extracting water and drying basements, crawl spaces, floors and sheet rock.
To avoid future frozen and broken pipes during long-time freezing temperatures, it is easy to take the following steps:
- Wrap outside faucets
- Caulk around pipes where they enter the house
- Disconnect garden hoses
- Drain in-ground sprinkler systems
- Let a stream of water run if the temperatures dip below freezing
- Open cupboard and vanity doors in the kitchen or bathroom
- Make sure thermostat is set to constant temperature
If, however, you do experience broken pipes, make sure you take quick action to have the water extracted and your home or business dried out properly. Call SERVPRO of Eatontown/Long Branch and we will make it “Like it never even happened.”