Where to Look For Moisture & Mold
Mold growth depends on certain conditions for growth such as poor ventilation, moisture and air temperature. Every home has areas that have the potential for mold growth, so it is important to know where to look and what to look for.
The following is a list of places in your home that are susceptible to mold growth:
- Under sinks
- Behind washing equipment
- Under and behind refrigeration units
- Under dishwashers
- Behind toilets
- Behind and below water heaters
- Around tubs and showers
- Around doors and windows
- Around basement perimeters
- In crawl spaces
- Above ceiling tiles
- Around the outside hose bib
- Inside access panels to whirlpool tubs
What you need to look for:
- Discoloration on walls, carpets and floors
- Visible mild growth – black, white, red, orange, yellow, blue, violet, etc.
- Noticeable muster and/or dirt odor
If you do find any mold in your home, it is always best to call a professional to take care and remediate the issue. Mold spores are easily dispersed if incorrectly disturbed and most household cleaners won’t sufficiently take care of the problem.
SERVPRO of Eatontown/Long Branch is available 24/7/365 to help home and business owners take care of water, mold and fire disasters quickly and thoroughly.