Best Defense Against Mold
The first thing you should be aware of is that mold spores are absolutely everywhere. Fungal spores use air currents and water to spread, which is how they get inside homes and other buildings to begin with. The key to prevention is to ensure the atmosphere required for mold spores to mature and spread cannot be found in your home.
The following steps are the best defense against mold becoming a problem in your home.
- Clean and dry wet spots immediately
- Promptly remove any affected materials that cannot be thoroughly cleaned or dried
- Maintain indoor humidity levels below 60%
- Maintain plumbing and utilities to prevent leaks
- Run the bathroom exhaust fan a minimum of 20 minutes after a shower or bath
- Operate a dehumidifier in basement during hot and humid weather
- Ensure attic vents are open and clear of insulation for outside air flow
Should you feel that you have mold issues in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Eatontown/Long Branch at 732-578-9888.