Treadmill Fire Spreads Soot Throughout Home
Fire is probably not the first thing you think of as the result of flooding, however it is a real concern and something every homeowner should be aware of.
It is well known that water and electricity DO NOT mix. It is important to remember that any electrical device that has been submerged in water could potentially be dangerous, as the wires may become compromised or corroded.
This treadmill was damaged by storm water that entered the home, rendering the electric wires and outlet faulty. By turning on the machine, it sparked a fire which then resulted in soot filtering throughout the home. Extensive cleaning needed to be done to bring the home back to its original state.