NJ Deep Freeze 2022
New Jersey is experiencing a deep freeze that is expected to continue for at least the next week. This has and will result in frozen and bursting water pipes in many homes, offices, and schools throughout the region.
SERVPRO has been on the scene, helping many homeowners and businesses by extracting water and drying basements, crawl spaces, floors, and sheetrock.
To avoid future frozen and broken pipes during long-time freezing temperatures, it is easy to take the following steps:
- Wrap outside faucets
- Caulk around pipes where they enter the house
- Disconnect garden hoses
- Drain in-ground sprinkler systems
- Let a stream of water run if the temperatures dip below freezing
- Open cupboard and vanity doors in the kitchen or bathroom
- Make sure the thermostat is set to constant temperature
If, however, you do experience broken pipes, make sure you take quick action to have the water extracted and your home or business dried out properly. Call SERVPRO and we will make it “Like it never even happened.”