Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Stock up on useful cleaning tools and supplies
- Protective gloves (made from rubber or latex)
- Plastic buckets and scrub brushes
- A mop and some large sponges
Make sure your bathroom stays fresh and well-ventilated
A bathroom is often one of the most damp, humid rooms in a home. To keep mildew and mold from growing, try to keep your bathroom well-ventilated.
- Wipe down the shower after use to keep moisture from accumulating
- Spread out your wet towels so they dry quicker
- Use shower curtains that are easy to clean in order to prevent soap residue, which encourages mold growth
- Reduce the number of bottles and containers you keep in the shower to make cleaning easier and minimize surface areas conducive to mildew build up.
Prevent spores from developing and spreading
You can help prevent mold and mildew from growing by following these steps:
- Prevent rain water from dripping into your home. After a storm, make sure no water has collected, and make a point to regularly check any problem areas.
- Fix any plumbing leaks ASAP
- Clean the upholstery and fabrics in your home regularly and make sure to keep them dry, especially after any spills or messes.
- Store your belongings in places that are dry and well-ventilated.
- Make regular use of fans, open windows, and dehumidifiers to minimize moisture in your home. When the weather outside is humid, be especially vigilant.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (732) 578-9888
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Eatontown / Long Branch for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Eatontown / Long Branch has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Red Bank
- Fair Haven
- Little Silver
- Monmouth Beach
- West Long Branch
- Long Branch
- Sea Bright